Serendipity is a beautiful thing, but one can’t wait and watch for this to happen at a specific time; you cannot decide this phenomenon to occur on your will, and the number is less within the business world.
The reason why there is a thing called planning or laying down strategies is that businesses cannot expect a sudden windfall of profits, and neither be suddenly equipped when the days are low.
They need a solid plan in hand, be it for email marketing or any other business propositions.
If you think 2019 isn’t here yet, you should give it a second thought because there are just two months to go when we bid goodbye to 2018.
You would love to reflect upon what didn’t fare well and what all did throughout the current year, and this makes sense because critically knowing about where you stand will let you form a useful benchmark to kickstart the next chapter in your business.
Discovering new prospects, generating new leads, attaining lucrative conversions, rejuvenating bonds with the current customers, and refining various other aspects of your business will always be some of the essential goals that will continue year after year.
While there are other ways to achieve them, email marketing is one of the best solutions; which is more than three decades old and has managed to still be in vogue.
Marketers vouch on it for earning better ROI, Lead Generation, customer retention, promotions and for other brand-building purposes.
However, the process is not just about typing a set of words and email them out to your target audience; there are specific measures for it to be worthwhile.
Acquaint yourself with these 5 email marketing strategies that you can implement for better conversions in 2019:
1. Listen to your target audiences
Keeping in touch with your target audiences will never be too much. Instead, you need to find pathways to hear them out and understand their expectations from a product or a service.
You go on to create your brand with a particular audience in mind, and you will have an estimate of the numbers in which they exist and in which venues are you likely to meet them.
However, it is not just you who is seeking, but your buyers are looking out for you as well. The point here is to get your hands on the customer journey.
- Check your website analytics with cloud-based tools like Crazy Egg, Google Analytics, Woopra, Kissmetrics and so on.
- Assimilate and analyze the customer interactions including their grievances, appreciations, incomplete online transactions.
- Maintain best practices for SEO, SMO, and SME solutions for attracting the appropriate audiences to your online portals.
- Take heed of mapping out your customer lifecycle for maintaining a loyal customer base for your business.
Having an in-depth knowledge of the dynamics between you and your buyers will empower you to carry forward a mindful email marketing campaign with a sense of the reality of things.
2. Sort your end-goal
After clustering and examining the customer interaction and expectation data, you are good to go with deciding on what should you be doing with your target audiences.
The email marketing campaign includes-
- Verified Email List
- Welcome campaign.
- Transactional emails.
- Lead Nurturing emails.
- Promotional campaigns.
- Re-engagement campaigns.
- Cart Abandonment campaigns.
- Upselling/cross-selling campaigns.
Sort out your priorities so that you have unique solutions to execute over the segmented audiences and be more efficient during the campaigns.
3. Customer-centric content
Aligning your email content with the customer persona and their journeys will make them feel that you care. Personalization matters in B2B as well as the B2C markets, to every kind of buyers including the c-suite.
You can prevent your efforts from being a part of the unwanted spam boxes.
We’ve already talked about analytics, and everything extracted from them should be kept in mind while framing your emails.
- Create those subject-lines that resonate with their requirements on the first go.
- Keep an ‘unsubscribe button’ to instill a feeling of not being forced to sign up/subscribe.
- If you include a link in your email, then, make sure that it redirects the receiver to a relevant landing page.
- Keep the theory of paradox of choice while framing your emails and make sure to avoid too many offers within one email.
You can improve your open rates, click-through, and conversion rates of your emails effectively if you pay attention to your customer.
4. Integrate Artificial Intelligence
AI is undoubtedly a boon to the humankind. Well, at least until the humans themselves optimize them for the best intentions.
Marketing has a lot to garner from this innovation, and email marketing has a good share in it. The takeaways available are-
- Track your emails through AI driven tools from HubSpot Sales, Bananatag, Yesware (they work for Gmail and Outlook).
- Email marketing automation services; use cloud-based tools from HubSpot, Dynamics 365, Marketo, Pardot, Customer.io.
- Adobe Sensei helps you pick an intuitive range of images, graphics, and illustrations by analyzing the emotional context.
- Perform cloud-based testing of your email copy and Call To Actions (CTAs) through Mailjet, Yesware, Constant Contact.
5. Mobile-phone compliant
People strive for convenience in their everyday life be it professionally or personally, and smart-phones have gripped the users with its user-friendly features with other add-ons that can keep them engaged for a longer time span compared to laptops, and desktops.
The usage of mobiles to check emails and additional information has been rising on the buyers’ end which includes the c-level executives.
- Check the fonts
- Check the email layout
- Test the interactive contents
The effectiveness of your email marketing campaign can be affected by a large percentage depending on whether the emails are navigable through mobile phones or not.
You have an estimation of where you stand and what all milestones you want to achieve as the year is closing and in the upcoming New Year. Every campaign that you implement for your brand including the email marketing campaign is taken up to connect with more prospects with the aim to turn them into leads and eventually, to your loyal customers.
The key to keeping Business fueled up is to revolve and evolve everything that you do around the customers and the voice of your brand and this will surely work for you in 2019, 2020 and many more years to come.