Today I am going to share 50 Google ranking factors for improving your ranking in Google search engine. In this article, you get the complete list of 50 Google ranking factors that definitely increase your SEO skills.
There are many Google ranking factors, some are proven, some are controversial and other is SEO nerd speculation. In this article, I am sharing all of these factors.
1. Domain Age: According to my knowledge and experience Google uses domain age. On which domain you use to take backlinks from. But it is not very important.
2. Keyword As First Word in Domain: This is the main and important factor for any domain that is, you use your keyword in domain name than your website performs better than from your competitor’s sites.
3. Keyword in the Sub-Domain Name: If you use a keyword in your sub-domain name then it definitely boosts up your website ranking in Google search engine. Moz’s also agreed with this statement.
4. Exact Domain Name: If you use exact domain name option then may Google EMDs update may still give you an edge if it’s a quality content site and user engaged with your content for a long time. But if your site with low quality and you use exact domain name EMDs will penalize your site anytime when update happen.
5. Penalized WhoIs Owner: If you are using the multi-domain name by using single owner name and Google identifies you as Spammer then all of your websites will be penalized that owned by you.
6. Country TLD Extension: TLD (Top Level Domain), having a TLD (.in .com .nl .au) helps your website rank well in your country but limits the site’s ability to rank worldwide.
7. Keyword in Title Tag: The title tag is a main listed in Google ranking factors for any website, if you use a keyword in title tag than its sends a strong on-page SEO Signal.
8. Start Title Tag with Keywords: Use your focus keyword in the starting of your title tag is the second main factor to perform better then uses the keyword at the end of the tag.
9. Keyword in Description Tag: Use an exact keyword in your description tag; it’s not important but still working and makes main difference in Google ranking factors.
10. Keywords Appear in H1 Tag: When you use your focus keyword in H1 tag, then it’s also sending a strong signal to Google for relevancy according to content available on your website & makes the great impact in your page ranking and search engine ranking.
11. Keyword is Most Frequently Used Phrase in Document: Frequently use focus keyword in your content is provides content relevancy signal to Google. If you write 300-word content then uses your keyword three times in content and if your write 1000 word content then use your keyword as a phrase for 7 to 8 time makes a great impact in search engine result.
12. Content-Length: Content-length on your web page or website is also including into main ranking factors in 50 Google ranking factors. Write minimum 2000 word content for your website or blog, if you want to see its first page of the Google search engine result.
13. Keyword Density: Some people think keyword density is not more important part of your web page to improve your ranking in search engine. But, in my opinion, keyword density show the content relevancy of your page and make easy to understand Google when a user sends command in a search engine. So it’s also a main factor of ranking also. But if you use too many time your focus keyword in content it can hurt you.
14. (LSI) Latent Semantic Indexing Keywords in Content: It’s also sending a strong content relevancy signal to Google. Like, If you are writing about SEO Optimization than, you need to use “optimization, Search Engine, Plugin, Website etc.” word near to your phrase.
15. Webpage loading Speed via HTML: According to 50 Google Ranking Factors, web page loading speed also performs a major role in search engine ranking. Both Google and Bing use web page loading speed as a ranking factor. It’s totally based on a page’s code and file size.
16. Duplicate Content: Duplicate content on your site and as other website or on your same subpages can negatively influence your sites in search engine visibility.
17. Canonical Tag: Use Canonical Tag in every of your web page that prevents Google from considering pages duplicate content.
18. Image Optimization: Set Alt text on your every image available on a website that sends strong relevancy signal through your file name, title description, and caption.
19. Update Content After every short time: Google gives importance to those web pages, who update their content on the website in a very short time of period. So update your web page content time by time.
20. Keyword in H2 and H3 Tag: According to Moz’s, don’t use your focus keyword in H1 and H2 tag may it sends weak relevancy signal to search engine. But the H1 tag is still included in Google ranking factors.
21. Outbound Link Quality: Quality Outbound link from a high authority site is performing great impact in the search engine and also increase your domain authority and also send a trust signal to Google.
22. Outbound Link Relevancy: Provide outbound links to high authority relevant website give you the better result than any another authority site.
23. Grammar and Spelling: According to Matt Cutts, If you use proper grammar and correct spelling in your content then it also sends a strong quality signal to Google.
24. The number of Outbound Links: Find relevant and quality backlinks to your site because too many outbound links can leak your ranking in search engine result.
25. Multimedia: Use at least one feature image, video and other multimedia elements on your web page that act as a content quality signal.
26. Number of Internal Links Pointing to Page: Insert at least two or three internal pages link to your web page because the number of internal links to your subpages indicates its importance to other pages of your website.
27. Quality of Internal links pointing to your subpage: It’s important to insert a link on that page which is famous in an audience and internal links from authoritative pages on the domain have generated strong effect as compared to pages with low PA(Page Authority).
28. Broken Links: Having a broken link on your website or internal pages is the cause of low ranking or sends a bad signal to Google. To find the broken links of your website or page and fix them.
29. Reading Level: Write your website content that is easy to understand and user-friendly because visitors want simple and informative content that they understand easily. If you do same than visitors visit your website or page time by time when updating any content.
Note: Google estimates the reading level of websites.
30. Affiliate Links: Don’t use too many affiliate links on your website because too many links can hurt your web page, When Google’s algorithm run scan in search engine than penalizing those websites, they have “thin affiliate site”.
Note: Try to make relevant affiliate links according to your website.
31. HTML Errors / W3c Validation: Try to fix all HTML Error and warning because too many HTML Errors may be a sign of poor quality website. Many of SEO professional think W3C validation is a week quality signal.
32. Page Host’s Domain Authority: If you have high Domain Authority website then your subpage is rank higher in Google search engine same as the domain with low authority will rank lower in the search engine.
33. URL Length: Try to make short and relevant URL according to your focus keyword or website content, because too much long URL can hurt your search visibility in search engine.
34. URL Path: A subpage URLs that Contain keyword same as the domain name is performed well in Google search engine.
Exp: Domain: www.civilengineer.com
35. Page Category: The Page created in the relevant category is sent strong relevancy signal to search engine and get a higher rank as compared to a page that created an unrelated category or less related category.
36. WordPress Tags: WordPress tag simply improves your website SEO. According to Yoast.com
37. Keyword in URL: When you use the keyword in page URLs then this is the another important relevancy signals for Google search engine result.
38. URL String: AS like keyword use in URLs, while you use category in your page URLs, it’s show signal to what a page about.
39. Bullets and Numbered Lists: Bullets and Numbers can help break your content into parts to make it user-friendly for readers. Google likely agrees and may prefer content with bullets and numbers.
40. Priority of Page in Sitemap: When you create website sitemap than, you set page priority via the Sitemap.xml file in order to rank well in search engine.
41. Too many Outbound links: Some people use too many outbound links in their pages that distracting the visitors from the main content.
42. Quantity of Other Keyword Page Rank Fo: If your web page rank in search engine result for more than one keywords than, its show another relevancy signal to Google.
43. Page Age: Google always prefers new and fresh content but old pages that regularly updated time by time can perform well in search engine.
44. User-Friendly layout: The Web page created according to Google Guidelines and user-friendly layout that can more visible in the search engine.
45. Parked Domains: “Parked Domains” People can buy a domain and reserve them for future development and protect against the possibility of cybersquatting.
Note: According to Google Update in December 2011, decrease the visibility of parked domains.
46. Useful Content: As pointed out by Google SEO Trends, Google may be recognized or treat between useful and quality content.
47. Syndicated Content: First, you need to know about syndicated content, it is a scraped or copied content from index pages. If you are going to use this type of content on your web page, then your web page won’t rank well in Google search engine result.
48. Helpful Supplementary Content: According to Google, a helpful supplementary content is an indicator of a page quality.
49. Keyword Prominence: If you use your focus keyword in first 100 words then it’s also a strong relevancy signal to Google Search Engine.
50. Page Loading Speed via Chrome: Google may use chrome browser user data to optimize website loading speed and get a better handle on pages loading time as this takes into account server speed.
These are the 50 Google ranking factors that definitely improve your website ranking in Google search engine. If you like this post then share your valuable comment in below comment box.